About Me

Russia
My name is Chris, and i'm not very good at rubik's cubes, but don't judge me for that. Anyway, here are my digital graphics works.

30 November 2010

Band Poster

For my poster i decided to do a gig line up/propaganda, as it is the most common type of band poster. Here is the first 'draft' of it. As you can see, it's just plain and boring, a typical poster from a group of lazy moody teenagers. It just tells you the info you need to know, but doesn't arrest the eye in any way really. However, i can use this a basis to create something much more interesting. Just F.Y.I, The bands are all made up names, designed to try and be as mock-emo as possible, and the World's End Pub is actually a real pub, I'm not sure if they do live  performances though or if it's even nice, i just like the name...

This is it jazzed up a little bit. The texts are bigger and more varied, but still not that arresting visually.
Ever so slightly more jazzed up, using the smudge and brush tool. I can't help but think the third band's name alteration is a little phallic....
This is a version with a B-movie style woman screaming. I used the burn tool to make it darker, so the text stands out more. I quite like it, but i think it's still missing something else.Also, the left arm is terrible. It's all mangled and looks like a huge bruise on her arm. Also worth a mention, i used my freind's band poster as inspiration for this.
As you can see, it was also done in photoshop, and has a similar lay out to mine, as in the descending order and different font for each band. However, i'm fairly sure this is pretty standard for most band posters.
 Here is a different take on it. Obviously it's much more vibrant and colourful, and it draws your eye straight away. It doesnt look quite as polished though. The font is pretty boring though. And the colours would probably stand out better with black outlines.
This is a different variant, where i tried to show off some 'skill'. Namely, as you can see, the background colours are the same as the font, so it changes to black. I just achieved that with paint brush and fill tools. I think it stands out slightly better than the previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment